Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Sorry for the Delay – I was experiencing technical difficulties


When I returned to Santa Clara after an amazing Ecuadorian Christmas, I unfortunately arrived at a dead computer. After the initial grieving process, a few giant Ecuadorian beers, and reflecting on how lucky I am to have friends like Tim Johnson – who gave me an external hard drive to back up all the important files as a going away gift – I started trying to list the benefits of life without the cord of a computer tying me down.


I was optimistically day dreaming about all the new friends I would meet at the internet cafe and all the time I would save without the distraction of a computer, when my quiet jungle afternoon was interrupted by my neighbors booming Kichwa music. The sound of the keyboard heavy Kichwa dance song in my American ears resonated one thought: life without a computer was going to be challenging.

Besides the cozy comfort a classic American song can provide, I was also going to miss the accessibility of being able to leisurely try and craft up a witty blog post from the comfort of my hammock. Furthermore, when I was assisting the high school in creating a power point presentation to highlight the work we have been doing over the last year at our local town fair, I was feeling really down on my laptop luck as I carried the desktop computer all over town in the merciless equatorial sun.

With super hero status, William Walker came to the rescue and facilitated a brilliant international life-saving mission: Operation Restore Sanity. I am pleased to report: I am blogging from the comfort of my own computer once again - and all the keys are in the right places... ñç¿?

No comments:

Post a Comment